SBGHC Accepting Applications for Board of Directors and Community Representatives for Kincardine Redevelopment Oversight Committee
South Bruce Grey Health Centre (SBGHC) is currently accepting applications to fill three (3) positions on its Board of Directors. The SBGHC Board is specifically searching for candidates with governance, legal, and clinical experience, and a commitment to supporting the hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values. We are looking for community leaders who want to contribute their skills and experience, and give back to their communities in this volunteer position to ensure that SBGHC continues to provide high quality health care at all four of our sites. Among other traits, successful candidates will be expected to exemplify the following, as outlined in existing policy:
- Act ethically, honestly, in good faith, and in the best interests of the Hospital Corporation;
- Uphold respect, loyalty, obedience, and integrity;
- Able to maintain privacy and confidentiality;
- Works positively, cooperatively and respectfully with others in the performance of duties;
- Attends meetings and events, asks informed questions, and makes constructive contribution to discussions;
- Actively contributes specific expertise, skills and other attributes that are needed on the Board.
As outlined in the established By-Laws, an individual is deemed ineligible for membership on the Board if they are:
- a member of SBGHC’s medical, dental, midwifery, or extended class nursing staff;
- an employee/terminated employee of SBGHC;
- live in the same household as a member of the medical, dental, midwifery, or extended class nursing staff, or an employee/terminated employee of SBGHC;
- under 18 years of age;
- an undischarged bankrupt.
If you are interested in putting your name forward for consideration to become a member of the SBGHC Board of Directors, please submit an application as outlined below.
RECRUITMENT OF COMMUNITY MEMBERS FOR THE KINCARDINE REDEVELOPMENT OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (KROC)
The SBGHC Board of Directors is also currently accepting applications for Community Representatives for the Kincardine Redevelopment Oversight Committee (KROC) of the Board.
KROC is a temporary ad-hoc committee that has been established under SBGHC’s By-Laws to ensure oversight of the Kincardine Redevelopment projects as they advance through Stages 1 to 5 of the Ministry of Health’s Capital Planning process.
The SBGHC Board of Directors is seeking two (2) Community Representatives to sit on KROC. Candidates should be members of the Kincardine Community, and users of the Kincardine Hospital, and will be looked to provide valued insight into the decision making process of the Kincardine Redevelopment Projects. Among other traits, successful candidates will be expected to exemplify the following:
- Respectful of others and their perspectives;
- Comfortable speaking in a group, interacting with others, and an active listener;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other community members and health care providers;
- Able to use own perspectives and experiences constructively, and able to think beyond own experiences;
- Able to maintain privacy and confidentiality;
- Desire to expand their knowledge and skills;
- Positive and non-judgmental attitude.
If you are interested in putting your name forward for consideration to sit as one of the two (2) Community Representatives on the Kincardine Redevelopment Oversight Committee (KROC), please submit your application as outlined below.
SBGHC AT A GLANCE
With an annual budget of over $46 million, SBGHC is a dynamic, multi-site hospital organization serving the four rural communities of Chesley, Durham, Kincardine and Walkerton. Each of our hospital sites offers acute care services, a 24/7 emergency department (Chesley site temporarily reduced to 12 hours), and a full complement of diagnostic and laboratory services. SBGHC also has a general surgery program at our Walkerton and Kincardine sites, and a Family Birthing Centre at the Walkerton site with almost 450 births last year.
Prior to the election of new Board and Board Committee Members, an interview and information session will be scheduled with interested candidates who wish to let their names stand for election. The hospital supports its Board and Committees through an orientation session, and ongoing educational opportunities.
If you are interested in being part of our mission to continue providing high quality health care to the communities we serve, please contact Madison Curry, Executive Assistant, for an application form and/or additional information. Submissions should be made no later than May 14th, 2021 to:
John Gilbert, Board Chair
South Bruce Grey Health Centre 21 McGivern Street, Box 1300 Walkerton ON N0G 2V0
Phone: (519) 370-2400 ext. 2214 Fax: (519) 370-2428Leave a reply