Due to a large number of short notice sick leaves, resulting in a significant shortage of both RNs and RPNs, SBGHC will be closing the Chesley emergency department (ED) overnight for five (5) consecutive nights as follows:
The Chesley ED will be closed:
- 5:00 PM on Friday, September 2nd to 7:00 AM on Saturday, September 3rd
- 5:00 PM on Saturday, September 3rd to 7:00 AM on Sunday, September 4th
- 5:00 PM on Sunday, September 4th to 7:00 AM on Monday, September 5th
- 5:00 PM on Monday, September 5th to 7:00 AM on Tuesday, September 6th
- 5:00 PM on Tuesday, September 6th to 7:00 AM on Wednesday, September 7th
All efforts to find staffing for the Emergency Department have been undertaken without success.
Ambulance by-pass will undertaken to divert patients to the nearest open ED.
Anyone requiring immediate medical attention should call 911 to be taken to the nearest Emergency Department. For non-urgent health care needs, Health Connect Ontario is available 24/7 for non-emergency health-related questions by calling 811.
The closest Emergency Departments to the Chesley hospital are:
Owen Sound (46km)
Mount Forest (60km)
Palmerston (60km)Leave a reply